September 12, 2014

#birthdaysrock - Masculine Birthday Card

Do you struggle with masculine cards?  It's a complaint I often hear from other crafters!  My own gripe about masculine cards is that the stamp sets designed with men in mind - hunting, fishing, cars, etc. - don't reflect the men in MY life, who are not those kinds of men!  

I tend to go with the sets I use for everything else - I don't own much that's feminine, anyway - and adjust the colour pallet into the masculine range.  This blend of Basic Grey, Crushed Curry, and Lost Lagoon is a new favourite!  

One of my favourite tricks with the Framelits is layering them to create an outlined object with an empty centre.  It's super easy (just layer one inside the other and cut them together) and something you'll see me do from time to time - it just creates such a fun little accent. 

Let's make it a two-for-one - I'll see you again tomorrow for another masculine birthday card! 

No comments:

Post a Comment