February 16, 2015

Sweet Taffy - card and treat bag

I'm not a heavy user of DSP - its appearances are few and far between on my blog - but I push myself out of my comfort zone every once in a while to see what I come up with.  I love the Sweet Taffy DSP and it's one of the few packages I actually own - love the bright, cheery colours! 

First up - an easy card that lets the pattern shine.  I paired the paper with a little bow (made from the Envelope Punch Board - the Bow Builder Punch would do a nice job too, of course!) and a big, bold sentiment from Big On You.



And since Sweet Taffy screams "birthday" to me, I created this fun little treat pouch with the remainder of the sheet; the Mini Treat Bag thinlits whip up in just minutes.


I created the "crinkle" by accordion folding strips of DSP and the cutting with my Fringe Scissors.  I'm always finding new uses for those - one of my favourite tools!  A balloon with a glitter banner and "happy" are the perfect festive touch.

How do you step outside your comfort zone?  What products have you been playing with lately?

See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment