May 08, 2015

Home Decor - Build A Bouquet Kit and Framed Stamping

If you follow me on Instagram - and if you don't, the link is to the right! - you'll know that the last few weeks have been consumed by my search for the perfect grey paint, and then makes-me-want-to-pull-my-hair-out task of painting my craft room (In shifts.  Over the course of a week.  With a three-year-old in tow.)

But, it's finally done, and I'm so, so happy with it.  The colour is seriously beautiful.  It makes the room look so cozy and a lot bigger.  In fairness, the latter probably has more to do with the fact that I cleaned up and purged, too.  

I've been adding touches of pink and aqua to the room, and I wanted to share this little corner of the room.  



The shelf that these items are sitting on holds all of my boring business stuff - catalogs, order forms, labels, envelopes, etc.  I'm actually considering getting a curtain to cover it up, but in the meantime, I had to brighten up the top.  Stampin' Up to the rescue!

On the right - the beautiful Build-A-Bouquet Kit from the Occasions 2015 catalog.  This kit comes with everything you need except a glue gun!  I've added the Gorgeous Grunge and Flower Patch stamps to create some texture, and then placed the bouquet in a mason jar from Target (in the Dollar Spot, baby!)  It's such a pretty addition to my office and the best part is, I won't kill these flowers!

On the left - a really simple piece of framed art created with Stampin' Up products.  This really was easy to make and easily replicated.  The sentiment was stamped in Strawberry Slush on Whisper White cardstock and cut out with a circle Framelit, then matted with another circle in Gold Foil Paper.  The base was even easier - Strawberry Slush cardstock with Fancy Foil Designer Vellum in Gold layered on top.  Seriously, five minutes tops and you've got custom art!


I can't let you leave without telling you what's retiring, can I?  Strawberry Slush everything is while supplies last, and the Build-A-Bouquet kit and Adventure Awaits stamp set are only guaranteed available until June 2!  

And if you're wondering - the colour is Vintage Grey by Eddie Bauer paints from Valspar Signature Series, available at Lowes.  (This blog and myself have no affiliation with Lowes and I am not receiving any compensation by posting this - I can just appreciate the struggle of finding the perfect grey and this really is it!)

See you again tomorrow!  Have a fabulous Friday!  

1 comment: