June 01, 2015

Garden Markers - A mom & tot project

Good morning and happy June!  June is one of my favourite months - it tends to rain non-stop in Calgary and provided we don't flood again (I'm still nervous after our disaster two years ago...) I'm hopeful for a lush, drizzly, beautiful month ahead.  Our wedding anniversary is also this month, which tends to mean our once-yearly big Greek feast at the restaurant where we had our wedding dinner, but they closed down this year.  Oh no!  We're still at a loss of what to do - it just won't be the same without it!

Today I have a really simple and sweet project to share that you can do on your own or share with the little people in your life.  My son is my little buddy and loves to help me out and enjoy the hobbies I enjoy.  He's my side-kick in my craft room and my big helper in the garden.  We picked out some seeds recently and planted them last weekend, so this week we decided to make garden markers for them.

We picked up some paint stir-sticks at the home improvement store (yay for freebies!) and my son gave them a couple of quick coats of acrylic paint.  After that, we stamped them using the Skinny Mini Alphabet, and then decorated quickly with the Flower Patch stamps and framelits.  A few coats of Mod Podge to seal the paper parts and hopefully we'll be good(-ish) through the rainy season!

My zinnias are already starting to sprout - hopefully the carrots won't be far behind! 


This is a great project for a rainy day - easy enough for little hands and lots of fun!

Today is the second-last day to order your retiring goodies, like this adorable Skinny Mini Alphabet!  I've got another post on deck today, so check back later for a Project Life feature, too, to enjoy the retiring card collections before they're gone!  


No comments:

Post a Comment