August 14, 2015

TGIFC16 - Sunburst Sketch!

Thank Goodness It's Friday!  Friday's have become extra special to me since the fabulous team of designers at TGIF Challenges invited me to join them.  But then this week... well, this happened. 


This week, I almost wanted to throw my hands up and quit - the sunburst sketch challenge gave me a run for my money!  But anyone that knows me knows that I'm nothing if not stubborn (and dry, and sarcastic, and loud, and animated, and constantly having hot flashes...  I'm a treat, really!) so, of course, I sat down and thought "alright, sunburst sketch, GAME ON."  

And I have to admit - I love my final project.  And I say "final" because there were a handful of casualties that came before it.  Let's not talk about them. 


I decided on the layout first, and I definitely needed the "you are my sunshine" caption.  I knew exactly which photo I wanted to use.  It's a total throwback to when my son was about eight months old - look at that little pooker's smile!  I couldn't find a "you are" in my stash, and I didn't want the rough look of the Alphabet Rotary for this layout, so I ended up using "you're my" from Words of Truth. The "sunshine" ended up being put together by hand by cutting apart letters from the Hello You Thinlits - and yes, I know, there's no "i" in there.  Creativity, my friends!  Don't limit yourself!


Persistence pays off eventually, doesn't it?  And by persistence, of course, I mean complete and utter stubbornness.  It's a blessing and a curse. 

Click the banner below to join us at TGIF Challenges this week - I can't WAIT to see your interpretation on our sketch! 


Cheers, my friends, and have a wonderful August weekend.

2 comments:

  1. This layout is just gorgeous and how adorable is your boy!!! I'm in awe of your cleverness in using the thinlets to create your own 'sunshine'. Perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously freaking adorable baby!!! I totes love how you used the sunburst pattern!

    ReplyDelete