September 17, 2015

Triple-Up Thursday: Cheer All Year

I feel like it's been a hundred years since I've done a Triple-Up Thursday post!  But no, you're not dreaming - it's back!

Is this your first one?  Triple-Up Thursday is a (weekly-ish) feature where I share a set of three 3x3" cards made from basic supplies - one stamp set and five ink colours.  It's so easy to get sucked into the idea that you need hundreds of dollars worth of supplies to start making cards, and you DON'T.  At all!  Keep it easy and fun by using these three cards for inspiration.


This set of cards came together with a rich colour pallet of Basic Black, Blackberry Bliss, Hello Honey, Garden Green, and Cherry Cobbler.


But wait - there's orange on the Hello Autumn card!  No, I didn't cheat - I just sponged!  Get out your sponges and get back to basics - yellow plus red equals orange - so stamp into yellow ink and sponge a bit of red on top of it.  Voila!  Orange!  This technique is used on the autumn card as well as the "Boo" sentiment on the halloween card.

Remember I said it's been ages since I've done a Triple-Up Thursday post?  Obviously I'm out of practice - I forgot to take pictures of each individual card!  Whoops!

Thanks for stopping in today - check back tomorrow for my weekly contribution to the TGIF Challenges design team!

(Need more inspiration?  Click the "Triple-Up Thursday" tag on this post to see more like this!)

No comments:

Post a Comment