November 14, 2017

Friends - An ADT Reunion (featuring Crafting Forever)

Hello friends!  Thanks so much for joining me - it's been a while!  I've had a super busy month and needed to take some "me" time - sometimes, a work vacation is needed, even when the "work" is making pretty things and blogging! 

November has been an incredible month so far, and I wanted to tell you a bit about what I've been up to, and share this special card.


Earlier this month, something that has been in the works for the better part of a year finally happened.  What originally started as an offhand, mostly-kidding comment turned into an actual, honest-to-goodness THING.

Two years ago, when I started my very first year on the Stampin' Up! Artisan Design Team, I was given the privilege to design pretty things for this fantastic company, and I was on a team with some of the best and brightest papercrafters in the world.  Over the course of that year, we became friends - and how could we not?  We were all passionate papercrafters with a shared love of all things crafty.  And when someone jokingly said we should have a 2015-2016 Artisan Design Team reunion in Banff National Park at my friend Allison's papercrafting retreat, well... it actually seemed like a pretty good idea.

Easy for me to say, of course - I live an hour away, and I do this retreat twice a year, every year.

But when the gears started turning for my friends in other places, it started to get serious.  Before we knew it, tickets were booked, reservations were made, and this... well, this was HAPPENING!

Last weekend was truly a dream come true.  These women are not only incredibly talented, but they are also kind, generous, thoughtful, funny (completely hilarious, actually!), genuine, and REAL.  We *get* each other.  I mean, we ALL get incredibly excited about gluing paper to other paper and we don't need to shy away from talking about it.

These are my people.  And to have everyone in the same room for a weekend was incredible.  Can you believe we had NINE former-and-current Artisan Design Team members from FOUR countries in one room?!  Plus we had our "go-to girls" from Stampin' Up!'s corporate home office, too - can you believe it?!


How many faces do you recognize?  I love this photo dearly.  I miss these ladies so much already.

As we planned for this weekend, we tossed out the idea of doing a card swap - and that's what I'm sharing with you today.

I wanted to make something that acknowledged both the friendship I've found in this amazing crew, as well as the company and craft that brought us together.

The iconic Stampin' Up! Paper Snips, re-coloured in Pool Party (with the fabulous new Stampin' Blends Alcohol Markers, of course!) seemed like a great background image, and it paired perfectly with this sentiment.


We are cut out to be friends.

 That says it all, doesn't it?

Susan, Jenn, Cindy, Becky, Melody, Marisa, Sue, Krista, and Allison - thank you for being my people.  Thank you for being my friends.


Want more news from CrushOnColour.com?  Click below and sign up for my newsletter and receive a FREE technique tutorial!  


Shopping in Canada? Click the links below
to purchase the products used to make this card! 

No comments:

Post a Comment